Ask Izzy Connect
Training to support community members in finding the help they need.
Seeking help when you are experiencing hardship is not easy. Many people are looking for help, but they don’t always know where to start. Ask Izzy Connect training develops the capability and confidence to support people experiencing hardship and vulnerability by connecting them with the right support services to help them.
The Ask Izzy Connect training program teaches people working with the community, frontline staff and volunteers the skills to better support people experiencing hardship and vulnerability.
The training focuses on recognising people who might need help, responding to their needs and emotions, and referring them to professional support services.
You’ll learn how to:
- Recognise people experiencing hardship and vulnerability.
- Respond to someone who shares something challenging with you.
- Refer people to appropriate support and professional help using tools such as Ask Izzy.
- Reflect on your interactions and how to protect your own mental health and well-being.
There are two parts to Ask Izzy Connect:
- Self-guided online module (0.5 hours)
- Online interactive workshop delivered by our expert trainers (2 hours)
Who is this training for
Anyone who works or volunteers in a frontline-facing role and encounters people experiencing hardship and vulnerability who may need health and wellbeing support.
This training is especially well-suited for “accidental counsellors” working or volunteering in community groups and associations, welfare organisations, church and civic groups or community legal and health services, along with community leaders, community services students and people in other community-facing roles that support people experiencing hardship.
- Free for people who work in a community or volunteer role.
- We can deliver online training to other organisations for a fee – please contact us to find out more.
Multiple session dates and times available
Get in touch
- For more information, please contact us.
- If you would like to schedule a workshop for your team, organisation or network, please complete the expression of interest form here.